I thought I would give everyone a chance to get over their headaches and collective guilt over whatever we might have eaten or drank over the holidays before we start talking about New Year’s goals/resolutions.
I’m not sure I really believe in resolutions because usually a resolution is something you make in reaction to something you regret. I’d rather look forward than look back on the things I did or didn’t do. What’s done is done. What’s next?
With that being said, here are the 2012 goals that I’ve made for 2012 and will be chronicling right here for everyone to see on Fashion.Style.Beauty.
1) I vow to put on makeup every day. Maybe not a full face of makeup but at the very least a little concealer and to put something on my eyes and lips. I have left the house looking DOA so many times and it’s just unnecessary. I’ll be working on trying to come up with cute routines that don’t take a lot of time. Best of all, I’ll be taking photos and creating videos so you can get ideas.
2) I will rework my wardrobe so that it can be remixed for any occasion effortlessly and flatters me endlessly. Girls, I recently had a whole closet full of clothes that made me look NOT CUTE. Out these items have gone and in their place are only clothes that fit, are endlessly versatile and make me look like a million dollars. I will be taking pictures of these so you can see how I do it. Win or lose, the revolution will be televised.
3) I will lose the last 20 lbs by my birthday and get into a bikini, then maintain a healthy weight. People, this is a big deal. I’m going to take those last pounds off once and for all and I vow to get into a two-piece. What’s more? I’m going to allow someone to take a photograph of my hot self so I have it for posterity. I will be logging my workouts, giving you suggestions on CUTE workout gear and how to do it with me. Let’s drop some lbs and be SMOKIN’ hot and healthy this year! My birthday is in June. Stay tuned.
4) I will travel like a rock star this year. People, when I got onto that airplane to go home for Christmas, it was the first time I had been on vacation in two years. That’s just unacceptable. My motto for this site is “Life is short. Live well” and that’s exactly what I plan on doing this year. I’ll be chronicling all these adventures in photos and giving advice on what to do (and what not to do) in my journeys this year but I plan on getting out of NYC at least once a month at a multitude of price points. Ladies, we need to get out more!
5) I will explore life’s little luxuries. There are certain things that just make life a little better, don’t you agree? From having coffee in your bedroom first thing in the morning to finding the perfect moisturizing body wash that costs less than $5, I want to find all of these amazing items and tell you about them.
6) I will get my sexy back. I started talking about this last year and then let that drop. Girls, it’s on like Donkey Kong and I plan on getting my mojo back in earnest starting RIGHT THIS MINUTE. From getting fitted for lingerie to burlesque classes and all the way to some sex ed from Babeland (more on that later,) I am hot and bothered to get back to my hot and bothered state. Join me, will you?
And that’s it! Who’s with me? Let’s make 2012 the best year ever!