I, like most women, live out of my handbag. I am constantly curating its contents so I never have a moment where I feel ill-prepared, which is SO important for feeling confident all day. Not only does said bag have to contain the vitals for non-stop events, meetings and news coverage, but it must hold vital items for a desk-to-dynamic lifestyle. A well-curated bag and its contents should change you from all-business to fun-loving to wanton goddess at a moment’s notice.I’m a firm believer in sharing what works for me, which is why I am opening up my own Personal Purse of Power and spilling my must-have essentials, which include (but are in no way limited to)
- A reusable water bottle – Water is essential for health, great skin and plastic water bottles just make me itch with irritation.
- A compact mirror, cotton swabs, mints, nail polish remover pads and bandages – Because I am usually gone all day, you never know when you might need to spruce up.
- Safety pins in various sizes and colors, especially black – Because you NEVER know when disaster might strike. Also, because I am a klutz.
- Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick, Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lengthening Mascara, Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette and Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - Because in my industry we LIVE to take tons of photos and post them randomly without telling each other. Untagging can be an endless activity and who has the time? Be prepared and look your best, I always say.
- Business cards, phone and camera – Never leave home without the essentials
- A bag of lipsticks and jewelry – I never know what mood I’ll be in. Also, some colors and earrings are better for date night than dinner meetings.
- Workout clothes and socks – I take barre classes and yoga, so I always try to slip into a class.
- A $20 hidden somewhere – My mother always says, “You never know when a lady might need a cab.” As usual, she’s always right.
You know what else is fabulous about a power purse? WINNING A NEW ONE. That’s right, gals: ELLE and Revlon are celebrating all things beautiful about being a woman, especially self confidence,personal style, and being prepared for any of life’s challenges. They want you to make sure you have everything you need for what life throws at you, so they’re going to hook some lucky gals up with designer Power Purses (valued at $3,000 each, including bag and contents.)
Some of these amazing bags will be “dropped” in diverse locations across the country, with additional bags offered to ELLE readers and Revlon fans via the Revlon Facebook page.
How do you find out the locations and get a chance to nab your very own Personal Purse of Power? Easy! “Like” and follow Revlon’s Facebook page, where you’ll get all the clues to drop locations, beauty tips, an entry form to win one of the bags, giveaways and more!
There will also be details for in-person events where the bags will be dropped, where even if you don’t win a bag, you’ll have the opportunity for makeovers, free Revlon samples, manicures, magazines and more. Everybody wins!
So, head over to that Facebook page now and get in on all the action. After all, everyone could use a new fabulous Personal Purse of Power, right? Get going, gals!