When I get an opportunity to attend a rock concert, I immediately start to default to concert gear of yore, which would make me look like I stepped out of a Lollapalooza time capsule circa 1994. Honestly, it’s been a while since I’ve seen live music and it might explain why I tend to be a bit confused as to clothes. Let’s also add to this that I’m in the process of not only moving into an apartment (read: unpacking, repacking, getting things out of storage), but I’m also faced with the challenge that not much was CLEAN this weekend.
Ah, the joys of laundry.
This coming weekend is the Converse Carnage event, at which the seriously fab band The Kills will be playing. As a huge fan of the band AND of Allison Mosshart, I decided to do a dry run of my look for this coming weekend. Here’s a possibility of what I might be wearing this weekend…unless my laundry comes back. But even then, I kind of love this look.
- Vintage Blondie concert t-shirt (it’s my firm belief that Debbie Harry goes with everything)
- Express maxi skirt (no longer available, similar styles here)
- Beaded sandals, scored at TJ Maxx (simple, easy, cost effective)
- Vintage brown leather handbag nabbed from Mom’s wardrobe
- Timex Modern Originals Easy Reader (love the denim)
- Fallon jeweled bracelets (no longer available, but check out the talented Dana Lorenz here)
- Ettika Tiger’s-Eye Beaded Friendship Bracelet
- Nina Nguyen Cordelia bracelet
What do you rock to concerts? Any takers? Let me know in the comments section?